Re: Villa Mexicana--all a matter of perspective

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tawna on December 29, 2000 at 08:41:23:

In Reply to: Re: Villa Mexicana--The Truth Revealed posted by jackie December 27, 2000 at 19:35:48:

I agree with Jackie's take on the Villa Mexicana. I realize that many people travel to Mexico with different standards for lodging than my husband and I have. Some need a swim-up bar and room service, others will take anything that has a roof and floor. We prefer to find something in the middle, and the Villa Mexicana fit the bill for us perfectly last June.

When we stayed, The package price for lodging was $279 TOTAL (not per-person) for 7 nights in a standard (not remodeled) room with air conditioning and two double beds. The price included round-trip transfers to and from the airport, as well as $7 per person, per day food credit in the restaurant at Villa Mexicana. By our math (subtracting approximately $25pp for the RT transfers, plus the value of the food credit) and our room came out to about $20 bucks a night for the two of us. Pretty unbelievable.

Some of the "issues" listed in the other posting are things you can either choose to let bother you or let roll off your back. The rooster crowing in the mornings, the tiny little balcony that forces you to cuddle closely together as you watch the rain storm, the (sometimes) lukewarm shower that feels soooooo good on a sunburn....all of those things were part of the charm of the place for us. Very few of my memories of Zihua have anything to do with the room. I DO remember that the hotel occupied one of the best beach-front locations on La Ropa, and that counted for a lot with us. We're already planning a return trip and won't hesitate to book at the Villa Mexicana again.

Follow Ups: