trip report-troncones and zihua

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by k paxton on December 31, 2000 at 13:58:15:

We just got back from 11 days in troncones and zihua. there were a total of 8 of us ranging in age from 22 months to 76 years. it was great. we spent the first week at casa delfin sonriente. it couldn't be nicer. the house and pool are awesome. the people there, oscar, maria, lulu, were wonderful. we definitely will return to casa delfin.
Meals-Las Chozas in troncones was delicious. apparently the owner is a chef of 2 successful restaurants in the bay area. i had the butterflied shrimp and it was awesome.
Jungle Tours-my husband and sisters went caving with Hugh. they were glad to have gone even with the hot temperatures.

Zihua-We stayed at the Hotel Irma. The hotel is in a great location-right next to Kau Kan with an incredible view. The hotel itself is in need of some updates but definitely a reasonable place. We went to la ropa beach on Christmas day and it was incredibly crowded. I was really torn between staying in la madera or la ropa and very glad we stayed at la madera. it is so much more convenient to town. The hotel has an okay restaurant but the service can be erratic. the guacamole is great there.
Garrobos-had an all around excellent meal there. the service was attentive and the food was perfect. I had the fish filet in papillote which was outstanding.
Casa Bahia-see previous message on board.
El Patio-had our last night dinner there. The food was good however i would choose Garrobo's as the better of the two.
Bananas-we went on morning for breakfast and was very basic but good.

The whole trip was great. Since we had kids with us we didn't get to do as much as we would have liked however next time we'll bring a nanny!!
I can't recommend Casa Delfin Sonriente high enough. It was the perfect place for our family. I am sure that we will be back. Next time I would like to check out the Villas Miramar. For us La Madera beach is a lot more mexican and less crowded than La Ropa. This board was a huge help and I am sure that our trip would not have been as good had I not found this board. Thanks Rob.

Follow Ups: