Re: Casa del Encanto

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Carrie from Alaska on October 14, 2001 at 15:45:31:

In Reply to: Casa del Encanto posted by Jennifer in Portland on October 07, 2001 at 20:45:03:

Jennifer,

I just read your posting and hope I can help you out a bit. My family and I stayed at Case del Encanto for 9 days in March of 2001. We loved it!!!! Laura is a wonderful person and terrific hostess. The rooms were very compfortable and the breakfasts were great!!!

As far as swimming goes, we swam every day we were there, with the exception of the day after an unseasonable, very large, storm. But, you really couldn't swim at La Ropa that day either. I have heard many people say you cannot swim there because it is open water. The area of the beach closest to Casa del Encanto, and the beach enramada restaurants, is in a small cove next to the lagoon. It is very safe. My daughter was 11 yrs old at the time were there, and I never feared for her safety. They have rentals right there on beach for body surfing as well, so if the waves are big enough, you can body surf.

The village was very freindly. I never felt threatened, or uncompfortable while we were there. Neither my husband or I speak spanish, so there was a language barrier, but you won't believe how far hand signals can get you, plus our daughter speaks some spanish, so she helped out too.

All in all, I cannot think of a major downside to staying in La Barra de Potosi at Casa del Encanto. It is peaceful, REAL, and beautiful. With wonderful people to boot.

If you have any specific questions that I didn't address, please email me and I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

Follow Ups: