Re: casa tucanes

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by S2B from 198.81.17.42 (spider-ntc-tc052.proxy.aol.com) on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 02:03:57 :

In Reply to: casa tucanes posted by Bobbi from 24.64.223.204 (px2cv.gv.shawcable.net) on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 16:30:02 :

My (extended) family has stayed a few times now at Casa Tucanes, with plans in place to return for an annual November visit.

It is obvious you have seen their latest website listing?

http://www.mexonline.com/tucanes.htm

there you will see photos of their new pool and interiors of a couple of the villas.

You will want to stay in the ground unit villa called Tortólas for the best access with no stairs.

I think you will find the owner/operators to be more than accomodating during your visit, and will graciously assist you with any special needs you may have.

We have not been there since they put in some extra parking across the street from the villa this past month or so, and I will advise that at times the traffic might be disruptive (like at 7am when the buses start going by), yet, for some reason it doesn't matter to us, we enjoy watching the tourist police marching and chanting down the street, we aren't bothered by the burros that call out to each other from the hills at various times during the morning and evening, and we generally relax into the simple yet lovely surroundings with ease.

The walk is a gentle meander down the road to La Ropa beach, and with our young children, the walk can take more than a few minutes, there is so much to see and experience on the way...and when it is warm, you'll want to take it slow anyway! Half way to the beach there is a tienda that serves sandwiches and beer, so if you find it tough going, you can take a break ;-)

If you have any other questions or would really like me to rave on about how much we enjoy our stays with Rosa Elena and Maurico (and their delightful family), please feel free to contact me via email.

I would think that you would find the magic of Zihuatanejo and Casa Tucanes all that you have imagined...am still working out how much is 'reality' myself, and that is grist for another discussion mill :-D

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.