Re: Surf Breaks

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 24.78.44.239 (h24-78-44-239.sbm.shawcable.net) on viernes, agosto 30, 2002 at 15:02:57 :

In Reply to: Surf Breaks posted by Ray from 131.193.164.195 (dhcp195.aiss.uic.edu) on viernes, agosto 30, 2002 at 13:42:10 :

I think you will find that there is a range of both waves and accommodation at Troncones. The surfable beach is about 8 km long, from around El Burro Borracho in the south to Playa Majahua at the north. I think you will find that the greatest variety in the shortest distance is at Playa Manzanillo. Punta Troncones at the south end of Playa Manzanillo can create larger waves that results in some more gentle waves nearby.

I think that currently the lowest priced accommodation in Troncones is at La Quinta d'Liz, in "downtown" (i.e., south) Troncones. I believe their rate is around US$35/night. I don't think they have a website.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.