CM Baggers and Tips

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 216.232.11.214 (s216-232-11-214.bc.hsia.telus.net) on miércoles, noviembre 13, 2002 at 16:31:15 :

In Reply to: Re: Tipping Primer posted by TootieWink from 137.53.159.178 (?) on miércoles, noviembre 13, 2002 at 13:20:53 :

Here's what I was told about the baggers.

Because they are under the age for employment in Mexico, they are not employees of CM. (You may have noticed that most, if not all of them appear to be pre-teen aged.)

They pack the bags, but receive no wages from CM because they are not employees. Their ONLY compensation is from tips.

I have noticed the people are discrete about tipping them and the kids are discrete about picking up the money. The routine is that the purchaser places the pesos on the raised area at the end of the bagging area that is closes to the bagger, usually in the corner. The bagger discretely swipes up the money while bagging or at the end of the bagging.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.