Re: Trip Report 10/28-11/3

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by JP from 63.119.233.103 (?) on jueves, noviembre 14, 2002 at 11:31:28 :

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report 10/28-11/3 posted by Bret in Portland from 64.12.96.237 (cache-mtc-al08.proxy.aol.com) on martes, noviembre 12, 2002 at 19:16:16 :

Sure. We met Capitan Marcos when he brought back his deep-sea fishing charter on Wednesday. They'd caught about a 6 foot marlin/sailfish. Since Angie and I weren't interested in fishing, he set us up for snorkelling at Manzanillo Beach the next morning. Price was a little high at $130 USD, but I didn't haggle, so I probably could've done better.

The next morning, Marcos's brother Miguel arrived right on time and took us out to Manzanillo Beach. We stopped at Playa Las Gatas to pick up masks,snorkels,fins,water, and cokes (included in price) and then went around the coast to our destination. About 25 minutes to get there.

We floated around snorkelling for about 90 minutes I guess. Angie got motion sick on they way over and never really felt right while snorkelling, so she ended up sitting on the beach for a little while.

Saw some very cool fish and anemones and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The ride back to La Ropa was much quicker because Miguel drove faster. He offered to stop at Las Gatas to have lunch at his sister's restaurant, but since Angie wasn't feeling well we went straight back to the room and rested.

We saw Marcos several more times, so I'm sure he's not hard to find. Only real complaint was that Marcos said he'd get us an underwater camera and he forgot. He also told us he'd be with us on the boat, and he wasn't. What an excellent opportunity to practice my Spanish with Miguel, who spoke very little English! Next time I will try negotiate a little better deal, though. All in all, it was a great day trip.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.