Re: Local authors

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.82 (dup-200-65-89-82.prodigy.net.mx) on miércoles, noviembre 20, 2002 at 21:42:33 :

In Reply to: Local authors posted by Kerry from 137.22.130.81 (pcKRaadt.CRel.Carleton.edu) on miércoles, noviembre 20, 2002 at 16:19:50 :

Not sure what you mean. There are people who live here who have written books, articles, and even diving manuals. I don't know if any of them would refer to themselves as authors, though.

Capitán Jorge Bustos is by far Zihuatanejo's most widely recognized expert historian who has had many articles published and recently published a marvelous book on local history and culture. Salvador Maciel Espinosa wrote a lovely book on the area. Owen Lee has published a local visitors' guide in addition to his diving manuals for PADI and the U.S. Navy. There are a few others whose full names I can't recall at the moment.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.