I'm glad you ask this... Cultiv-Art

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Laura from 200.65.88.168 (dup-200-65-88-168.prodigy.net.mx) on jueves, noviembre 21, 2002 at 16:38:53 :

In Reply to: Local authors posted by Kerry from 137.22.130.81 (pcKRaadt.CRel.Carleton.edu) on miércoles, noviembre 20, 2002 at 16:19:50 :

Hi Kerry,

Perhaps you are referring to writers of poetry, stories etc... This gives me the opportunity to talk about Esmeralda's projects. She is a local woman (bookshop Biblos downtown) who is interested in literature and the arts. Esmeralda has devoted herself to supporting the arts in Zihua for years and has recently formed a private non-private for the arts in Zihua named Cultiv-Art.

Their first event, a poetry reading featuring published Mexican poets from Mexico CIty and Oaxaca, was a great success in Ixtapa only a couple of weeks ago. (Spanish only at this point.)

The group includes a writers workshop that now has several years in Zihua giving local writers early support. If we have other serious writers around, they stay much quiet and to themselves (and that's how serious writers can sometimes be. If you are out there and read this... please come and visit. I have lots of material!) I have often said that Garcia Marquez should write the story of Zihuatanejo. Perhaps this is Macondo!!!???

Anyway, there will be more events ahead from this pri non profit called Cultiv-Art. I'll post on here when I know something... You too Rob...

Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.