Melia Azul Trip Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Robin from 68.33.2.107 (tow33dhcp619.towson01.md.comcast.net) on miércoles, diciembre 11, 2002 at 19:53:17 :

Just returned from a week at the Melia Azul Ixtapa..had a great time. If you have any questions e-mail me at rschlachman@comcast.net. I know all-inclusives get a bad rap on these boards, but the Melia was beautiful,the beach was not nice,but the beautiful pools and great service more than made up for the beach.If you are a big beach person you can easily get to Ixtapa Island from the Melia. We also went to Playa Ropa beach 2 days,it was gorgeous! For 3 dollars you can get chairs and an umbrella,and order beer from La perla...it was great. We also ate lunch at La Perla it was very good. The food at the Melia is fine, not gourmet but there were 15 in our party and everyone found something they liked. Breakfast and lunch are the best,then we went out for most dinners.The crowd at the Melia seemed to be about 50% Mexican families,25 American,25 European,it was a nice mix. The Melia is about a 7 minute cab ride into Ixtapa,or you can ride the bus which runs every 15 minutes...we did not mind being far out because the views at the Melia are great. They are doing construction and don't let them tell you that you can't hear it because if you get a room near the construction you can hear them..we had a room next to the construction and after the first morning we requested a room away from the noise and they moved us without any problems. You cannot hear the construction at the pool and it does not block any of the views. I have been to resorts in Jamaica,Playa Del Carmen, Curacao and I have to say the service and people from bartenders to the maids were all top notch,we really enjoyed them.We also had good meals at Coconuts,we enjoyed J.J'Lobster house,and had a wild night at Senior Frogs( O.K I'm to old for flying tequilla shots !)..by the way the food was terrible at Senior Frogs but I guess you don't go there for the food!!Also the weather was great...hot and beautiful,just to return to Baltimore and 6 inches of snow today!!
Can't wait to go back to Ixtapa/Zih! Robin

PS- the kids pools and kids club were great, this is definitively a family resort.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.