Re: Shore Fishing

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Charlie from 65.65.83.226 (adsl-65-65-83-226.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) on Tuesday, January 08, 2002 at 20:28:31 :

In Reply to: Shore Fishing posted by Connie from 130.187.24.65 (?) on Tuesday, January 08, 2002 at 20:14:03 :

Connie,

I too plan on doing some surf fishing and found the following information a couple of weeks ago by searching the archives on this board. There were more details about lures and line weight -- I think something like 15 lb line with popping lures. I don't remember the name of the helpful person that posted the info....

"Troncones may not be too bad, but the fishing will be much better at either Playa Larga/Playa Blanca (near the airport) Also try La Barra de San Valentín, the beach next to the south of Playa Blanca past Barra de Potosí. The real problem is GETTING TO the best spots. Playa Larga/Playa Blanca is approx 12-15 miles long. So walking may not be the best idea. Barra de San Valentín is longer still and even more remote."

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.