Re: Comments on Brisas Del Mar?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by yvr pw from 24.69.255.203 (px2wh.vc.shawcable.net) on lunes, enero 06, 2003 at 14:34:32 :

In Reply to: Comments on Brisas Del Mar? posted by steveH from 69.3.139.88 (h-69-3-139-88.SNVACAID.covad.net) on lunes, enero 06, 2003 at 02:44:42 :

Just spent a week there in December and was very happy with it.

I was a bit worried at first because it was my wife's first time in Mexico and it is definitely a Mexican-style hotel as opposed to a cookie-cutter holiday inn. But she loved it, other than the stairs between ourselves and the lobby (up) or the beach and pool (down). Lots of nice little touches throughout the building.

I was also a bit concerned when we checked in and a couple of things in the room did not function properly. But they were both repaired the next day, without me ever mentioning anything to the staff. They definitely seem to be on top of things.They kept the room very very clean.

I also decided my deck was the best place in Zihuatanejo to have a quiet drink and watch the sunset.

Madera is also a great locat1on to stay. Fantastic views, a nice quiet little beach and a short walk to town, although during the day I prefer the walk along the road to the walk along the water (too hot).

The restaurant is also very good, although perhaps a bit pricy for me. We took most of our meals over by the mercado.

My biggest criticism would probably be the lack of maintenance to the chairs, sand and palapas on the beach. There was always rocks, and sometimes garbage strewn around, so it was not a place we lounged around much.

But, imo, Madera is a nicer place for a swim then La Ropa, which is not far away anyway.

We loved our stay and I highly recommend Brisas del Mar.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.