Visiting Kings -!!Que Viva!!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Laura from 200.65.89.88 (dup-200-65-89-88.prodigy.net.mx) on lunes, enero 06, 2003 at 17:24:48 :

In Reply to: La Noche Buena in Barra de Potosí posted by Gary in Seattle from 64.154.184.151 (dialup-64.154.184.151.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net) on domingo, enero 05, 2003 at 15:43:41 :

Your beautiful descr1ption of such a truly precious night brought tears to my eyes. I am constantly reminded of how fortunate I am to be living in a place where traditional customs so full of life and love are vividly practiced with heartfelt tenderness. This place is alive with the deepest meaningful moments, especially felt in these celebrations. And also felt in moments of everyday life here...

I wish you could have seen the proud, excited and happy faces of child after child who came to my door this morning on Jan 6th(the morning after the day of the visit of the three kings to the Christ child and traditionally the day Mexican Children receive a gift -left to them by the kings in the night). The poverty of many of the families doesn't allow for a visit from the Three Kings and the children awaken to disappointment and shame have been skipped by them. But this year (because of a special visit by some other kings) in La Barra, The children came in streams of happiness through the morning to show me what the three kings left them last night!

This I really wish you could have seen Gary. NO child in La Barra awoke with nothing this morning and all were running around the streets excited playing with their new toys - thanks to the visiting Kings!

Que viva!!!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.