Re: Hotel Barra de Potosi

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Rico in PDX from 12.81.204.25 (25.portland-25rs.or.dial-access.att.net) on sábado, enero 11, 2003 at 19:00:03 :

In Reply to: Hotel Barra de Potosi posted by Carole from Boston from 63.214.71.192 (dialup-63.214.71.192.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net) on sábado, enero 11, 2003 at 15:13:54 :

I was in Barra de Potosí in early December. I split my trip between two places, Casa Del Encanto and Casa Puesta Del Sol.

Casa Puesta Del Sol is right next door to Hotel Barra de Potosí. And during our stay we only saw 3 or 4 people coming in and out of the place. The grounds seemed to be clean and the pool looked like it was well maintained. But, as far as ambiance goes, it seemed lifeless from my view from the outside.

Casa Puesta Del Sol, on the other hand, is a small place right on the beach run by the Bakers from Canada. While we were there Syd and LaRae made us feel like we were staying with family. Our room was very clean and comfortable. And, it was within walking distance of the enramada restaurants. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.barra-de-potosi.com/casapuestadelsol/

We also spent a couple of nights at Casa Del Encanto. Once again, we felt like family. It is a B&B that is located about a 5 minute walk from the beach and the restaurants. Laura and Noyo are wonderful hosts. And you'll never forget the breakfasts that Noyo prepares. They were the best meals we had in our 4 weeks in Mexico.

And there's no lack of ambiance at Casa Del Encanto, either. Laura has created the Children's Library Project. In the afternoons after school her place is quite popular with the children in town. They come to borrow books, to be read to, or to take part in one of the workshops she arranges. We loved peeking out of our room in the evening and seeing Laura laying a hammock, reading to a dozen children.

Here is their website:

http://www.casadelencanto.com/?via_zihuatanejo.net

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.