right on! (dolphin photo)

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.88.19 (dup-200-65-88-19.prodigy.net.mx) on sábado, enero 11, 2003 at 20:08:49 :

In Reply to: Re: swimming with the dolphins posted by heimdahl from 24.164.232.181 (new-24-164-232-181.new.rr.com) on sábado, enero 11, 2003 at 17:37:18 :

Well said, heimdahl! I couldn't agree with you more.

There are quite a few messages about this in the archives, as well as some enlightening information on the website for the Sociedad Protectora de Animales de Zihuatanejo (SPAZ)
www.zihuatanejo.net/spaz/ (see the links near the bottom of the page)

Kristi asks what the cost is. To humans, just a few measely dollars; to dolphins, their freedom and their lives!

Please do not patronize such barbaric and unenlightened "attractions". Please visit and see the dolphins in their natural habitat. As heimdahl suggested, you may see them diving; however, you may also see them by simply chartering a panga to cruise outside the bay for a few hours (might as well do a little fishing while you're out there, too).

Almost every time I have been on a boat outside our bay I have seen dolphins, usually so close I could probably have touched them.

Zihuatanejo dolphin on Nov. 27, 2002
Dolphin 8 miles out from Zihuatanejo Bay on Nov. 27, 2002

Apart from dolphins I've seen many types of whales, large manta rays, and regal sailfish gliding along with their sails up. Also, I've seen lots of sea turtles, many flying fish and an occasional brightly colored sea snake, among other wonders of the sea.

There's always something to marvel at whenever I've been out on the ocean in front of Zihuatanejo. Fish or no fish, it is always a spectacularly rewarding place to be! ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.