Re: Cabana at Brisas del Mar

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Mary from DC from 138.88.85.85 (pool-138-88-85-85.res.east.verizon.net) on domingo, enero 26, 2003 at 23:15:11 :

In Reply to: Cabana at Brisas del Mar posted by Diane from 24.27.44.65 (cs242744-65.austin.rr.com) on domingo, enero 26, 2003 at 13:08:46 :

I think it's pretty secure. I've stayed at Brisas del mar in their more traditional hotel rooms- in both the old and new sections of the hotel. I've seen all the different type of accommodations there if not all the actaul accommodations. Here's my report on the Robinson Crusoe Cabana: it is very rustic. The parts that are open to the outdoors are charming, if eccentric. When I saw the Cabana last year, I think the owner's razor or comb collection was on display in one of the bathrooms- fascinating, funky and a little creepy. The bedrooms are very small and utilitarian, the bedding looked uncomfortable to someone who needs a firmer and firmer mattress every year! The pool looks great, however, when I was there earlier this month the captive deer that belongs to the Brisas folk had the run of the grounds and the pool immediately adjoining the Cabana. There was all kind of poop on the pool edge and acroos it. I dodn't know if it s from the deer or birds- I was not close enough to inspect. All this said, if you are a hardy group, interested in the outdoors and not picky about esthtics this place could be for you. I thought the 2 bedroom Suite Nozatol with a killer view(sp?) was way better by a mile, although there is no private pool, just the hotel's. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.