Re: drive from San Miguel de Allende to Troncones

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Laura from 198.81.26.167 (cache-ntc-af02.proxy.aol.com) on martes, enero 28, 2003 at 11:34:29 :

In Reply to: drive from San Miguel de Allende to Troncones posted by Rob from San Francisco from 12.236.140.237 (12-236-140-237.client.attbi.com) on viernes, enero 24, 2003 at 11:32:54 :

Hi Rob,

I think this is one of the most interesting stretches to pass through in Mexico. Queretaro and Morelia though they are large cities with the usual ugly periferies, they both have beautiful colonial centers worth visiting if you have the time. Stronger on my personal list for visiting though is definitely Patzcuaro. If you do't want to take the time to stop anywhere else this would be my first recommendation. This is a beautiful colonial town fantastic to visit and great for it markets. It is surrounded by smaller also beautiful colonial towns each with a specialty in artisanwork. Paracho for example is the place for handmade guitars, Santa Clara del Cobre for things made of copper etc... covering textiles, wood carved furniture pottery...

Uruapan is a great place too. Not quite as architecturally beautiful as Patzcuaro though it's central square is nice, it is worth visiting for the national park where there are beautiful falls and a volcano.

I think I am due for a visit up there. Have a great time!
Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.