trip report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by lisa from 65.43.214.18 (adsl-65-43-214-18.dsl.bcvloh.ameritech.net) on jueves, febrero 06, 2003 at 14:09:01 :

we had a wonderful time, needless to say! thanks to all on this board for helpful input! arrived thursday jan. 30 at 2:30pm, took taxi to troncones to casa ki - ellen and ed are wonderful!!! so laid back, nelpful and genuine. (the world would be a better place if there were more people like them!) loved casa ki. really beautiful! great bungalow. stayed in bungalow verde. flowers on bed are beautiful! place is spotless!!!! had a few beers w/ ed so he could give us the lowdown and then we were on our way! we took taxi to ixtapa for money and ate dinner and did a little shopping. then made way back to casa ki. drank some beers on beach just relaxing looking at stars and enjoying the peace and quiet. went to bed early - 9:30pm! woke up friday at 6:30pm, had coffee on beach watching sun rise. walked all the way to inn at manzanillo bay, ate breakfast, walked back. took about 2 hours to get there, have breakfast, and get back to casa ki. walked beach. found tropic of cancer - perfect spot to spend the day! beers, food and louis (?) is wonderful!!! drank beer and water all day, ate wonderful shrimp and sunbathed all day long. saw a few people. not many. bought some silver (as usual) and enjoyed our day.took siesta. watched sun go down. took taxi to inn at manzanillo bay for dinner. relaxing!!! beautiful place. went to bed early again. got up at 6:30am and had more wonderful coffee while watching sun rise. chose to check out of casa ki and rent bungalow at tropic of cancer for saturday and sunday night. really enjoyed ourselves!!! anita is a very nice lady. met some nice people. ate great food again. sunday did the same thing. sunday night we went to el burrach (?sp?) for the authentic dancing, etc. loved it. very entertaining. beautiful outifts, great dancing. ate large lobsters that were very very good. enjoyed ourselves. monday, took taxi to zihua. stayed at villa mexicana. nice place, very clean. drank lots more cerveza on beach all day. bought more stuff. ate very good food. had dinner at hotel elvira right on beach. fabulous dinner - had 2 bottles of ruffin chianti - could not get down another cerveza if i tried!!! same with my husband - we drank soooo much beer!!!! had a very atentive server and he was pretty funny too!!! we would go back to all the places we ate at and stayed at. zihua is just beautiful. we loved the simplicity of troncones. we are going to plan a trip for next year at the same time! i do believe that troncones and zihua are a little piece of heaven on earth!!! ixtapa is too built up and resortish for us though. ate fabulous seafood for five days!!!!! i do recommend a stay at casa ki, tropic of cancer beach club and villa mexicana. cant wait until next year!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.