Trip Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by John from 152.163.206.197 (spider-tk052.proxy.aol.com) on martes, febrero 11, 2003 at 00:25:29 :

Just in from Zihua about two hours ago. The first tip everyone should be aware of is LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH! I was traveling with my wife, 2 daughters and thier husbands. All speak fluent Spanish 1 son-in-law is a Spanish teacher. I speak enough from a 2 month crash course to survive on my own. Taxis from Zihua Centro to Villa Del Sol and back always 25 Pesos. To Ixtapa 60. To the airport earlier today 125. Always ask how much and have the exact change in your pocket. If you don't like the price say Adios and raise your hand again.

Beatiful town friendly people. Las Gatos over rated, I think I am exhausted from saying "No Gracias" every 2 minutes to the beach peddlers. Beach was way to crowded and a bazillion little local kids and tour groups.

Camped out in front of the "Three Palms" and Jorge was fabulous. Great food and drink all day long.

Did Happy Hour at Paty's one evening, Cheap drinks and no booze in them. You get what you pay for.

Fransisco at La Perla was great. Best stuffed Red Snapper in the world. Managed to have a few shots of Don Julio 1942 for 90 Pesos each.Good man that Francisco. 1 daughter befriended him last trip down there and he remembered her by name when we arrived.

Ed Kunze set up a few nice fishing trips for us. Orlando the Captain of the Tequila (Panga)is terrific. Raised six sails to the FLY rod and boated 2. Fished the Gaby and boated 4 sails tagged three and 1 unfortunately was stomach hooked and stayed on board.

Best sunset was from Villa De La Selva, we even got the Green Flash. Food a little over priced but of good quality--the hook is really the sunset view. A reservation is a must!!!!! More tomorrow... Time for bed!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.