Trip Report Day 12 - Dec 21 to Jan 5

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by David(in Bellingham) from 12.129.7.100 (mx1.mossadams.com) on sábado, febrero 15, 2003 at 14:51:58 :

Day 12 – (Jan 1)

I woke up at the crack of noon, still feeling the effects of the 11 hours of drinking on the previous night. A short walk around the Centro area confirmed that most of the restaurants were closed, so I ended up down at the little store in front of the pier. I picked up some of the sandwiches that they sell there and headed back to my apartment. After I ate, I went back to sleep until about 6:30 pm.

After I got cleaned up and ready to go out for the evening, I checked w/ my friends Mark and Kait to see what they wanted to do. They had been at Playa Larga all day, Mark was coming down with the flu. He decided to stay home for the evening and sleep.

Kait and I went to Los Braceros for dinner. This is one restaurant that I recommend that everyone make a point of trying. They’re famous for their tacos al pastor, but their alambres are exceptional as well. We settled on 4 tacos al pastor each (made w/ flour tortillas instead of the traditional corn tortillas), and order of guacamole, and a pitcher of horchata (a sweet rice water drink). Everything was great. Since we requested flour tortillas, the tacos were a little more than the usual 3 pesos each, but it was well worth it.

After dinner we stopped at Florian’s Kiosko for a drink. It was pretty busy, so we only stayed for one, and then we headed for home to call it an early night.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.