Great PR for Ixtapa

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ROOSTER from 24.48.248.254 (vt-claremont1a-254.bur.adelphia.net) on Sunday, January 13, 2002 at 09:29:08 :

Just finished watching ESPN Outdoors, and fly
fishing for sailfish from Zihua hosted by
Stan Lushinsky of Ixtapa Sportfishing.
I know Stan has answered many messages on this board and hopefully some of the people that asked the questions got to see this piece. What you saw was what you get. This guy is not only very knowledgeable about fishing and the area, but is a nice guy.
Personally, I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to fish around the world
and have seen booking agents that don't have a clue, they just have a trip for sails that maybe they went on once or twice, but this guy has walked the walk. But, I think that because ESPN uses him, and several of the salt water writers have used him as their host on trips to Zihua, says it all without me who is just a guy that likes to fish with people that understand the quest and the area.
Stan has organized 3 trips for me, I'm no saltwater expert on sails, and everything was
as planned. Ofcourse he can't guarantee the fish, but anyone that has been fishing in Mexico before or contemplating a trip should know things can go wrong. But, that's another story. Just as an aside, on my first trip with my wife, Stan happened to be there at the same time and I asked if he would consider going out with us. Since I wasn't from ESPN or Saltwater Journal or Men's Journal, I figured he wouldn't have time for
some greenhorn from New England, but he said
"sure" and ended up fishing with us for 2 days and it was just a pleasure just because of his knowledge and his being able to speak the language. The business people of Ixtapa/Zihua should be grateful for the type oof international exposure this man and his company have given the area.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.