Re: Troncones day trip

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 216.232.11.214 (s216-232-11-214.bc.hsia.telus.net) on Monday, January 14, 2002 at 15:36:19 :

In Reply to: Troncones day trip posted by katie from 168.97.133.243 (gw243.carlson.com) on Monday, January 14, 2002 at 13:55:51 :

In my opinion, you've got two great options.

The Tropic of Cancer Beach Club offers food and drink on the main part of Playa Troncones. Surf can get high at this beach sometimes, but you won't have to worry as The Tropic of Cancer Beach Club has a swimming pool available to patrons. Don't let the name intimidate you. There are no membership cards or dues for this "club". A wish to enjoy Troncones is the only requirement I've ever figured out.

The TOCBC is centrally located, so you would easily be able to wander over to El Burro Borracho, visit the village, and see several of the local restaurants if you wanted. (It is awfully tempting though to lounge by the pool or stroll on the beach.)

The other great option is to have the taxi drop you off at Posada Eden, located at the Playa Manzanillo area of Troncones. Although there is no pool there, the beach is better protected so there is less likelihood of large waves. I believe the ocean here is more conducive to snorkling as well.

If you base yourself at Posada Eden, you will also be based at La Cocina del Sol, in my opinion the best restaurant in Troncones. You'll be within five minutes walk of The Inn at Manzanillo Bay, another contender for most elegant food, so you can make your own decision.

You'll also be just a couple of minutes walk from Restaurant Manzanillo, serving fresh oysters and good pulpo, right on the beach. You'll be 15-20 minutes walk from the village of La Majahua, with another two or three restaurants.

I'm not sure, but I think that either one of these locat1ons could also help you get set up to take the Jaguar Tours canopy tour as well. This should only be considered by people who want to get sweaty and dirty and have a good time.

I realize this is a tough choice, but you can't go wrong. You're not stuck between a rock and a hard place; you're stuck between a rug and a soft place.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.