North of Playa Majahua - Other Beaches

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 216.232.11.214 (s216-232-11-214.bc.hsia.telus.net) on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 16:46:06 :

In Reply to: Playa Los Llanos posted by timothy from 67.226.54.43 (1Cust43.tnt2.seattle2.wa.da.uu.net) on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 01:38:38 :

I walked the length of Playa Majahua one time. I found that the point at the north end was not passable. I don't know if that changes with the season. I believe I did that walk in December 1997.

There is a road that goes past Club Kandahar on Playa Majahua. During the rainy season Rio Lagunillas is an effective block to travel. I understand that during the dry season it is often possible to cross the riverbed, sometimes having to wade through the remains of the river.

My walk from the village of La Majahua to the northern point and back took a couple of hours. The distance from the village of Troncones to the village of La Majahua is about 5 km. I'm guessing that a trip from Troncones across the river would be most practical by renting a mountain bike.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.