Re: bungalows pacificos zihuatanejo

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Mark in Alaska (now in Zihua) from 200.65.89.199 (dup-200-65-89-199.prodigy.net.mx) on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 at 18:04:11 :

In Reply to: bungalows pacificos zihuatanejo posted by pam from 195.93.48.154 (spider-loh-td014.proxy.aol.com) on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 19:48:08 :

We are staying there right now. The place is delightful, in a slightly funky, somewhat "gone to seed" way. Everything works, more or less, but if you're the type of person who likes things spanking new, you might be disappointed. The biggest assets are the large veranda (with hammock) and the excellent Mexican-style architecture. You will almost certainly spend much of your time on the balcony. The building is constructed in a way that makes air conditioning unnecessary, which is a boon. Parking should not be a problem. The hotel is near the end of a cul de sac, so there is virtually no traffic.

The Madera Beach area is my absolute favorite place to stay here. You will be happy with the neighborhood. If you enjoy watching birds, you will be thrilled with the Bungalows Pacificos. Every morning we get serenaded by birds, and as we drink our coffee on the terrace, we watch for the hummingbirds.

The only caveat I can offer is that there is a construction project going on next door. The workmen start at 8 a.m. and knock off around 6. They work 5 days/week and half days on Saturdays. They use no power tools, so you will be spared that noise, but the men are noisy none the less. Because they are doing everything by hand, it's my guess the construction will continue for some time. If you plan to spend your days on the beach, you should not be disturbed by the workmen.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's , Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.