Trip report

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Anita in Okanagan from 209.53.88.105 (telus88-105.gen.pacificcoast.net) on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 19:01:15 :

I have been reading this and the other board regularly since early January, when we booked our holiday. We absolutely loved our month in the area. The first half we stayed at Bungalows Ley, and then moved to a friends time share in Ixtapa. Sorry Toni but you will have to share #8 from now on; not to worry we never vacation early March. ( I am the lady who typed 32 days in January) But we did Love the locat1on and did not find the privacy issue a problem. Since we have returned I keep returning to the boards, since I can't jump back on a plane it is the closest to Zihua I can get. I enjoyed seeing the picture of the new bridge today.
I have read several peoples reports and am amazed how similar they are to our experience. We loved buying fish from the fishermen in the morning; going to the mercardo and buying fresh produce. The limes are unbelievable. The view of the bay is awesome. Enjoyed trying local specialities like Pozole at El Profe. The bus rides with the loud music are a blast. Loved our day at Gatas beach. Took the bus to Troncones and spent the day. We also walked to La Ropa Beach and am sorry we missed out on the gunnysack man. We would have been very interested! Every trip to Mexico my husband tries a new mescal, not yet having found one as good as a gentleman gave us in Guaymas many years ago. We have travelled to many places in Mexico and are seriously thinking or retiring there eventually. We have never found a place we enjoyed as much as Zihua. The only negative is I found restautant and accomadation on the expensive side. This is probably because of the weak Canadian dollar. Since I also am in the tourism business, I hope people will start to realize how beautiful Canada is, and how cheap everything here is.
It was the best vacation ever and we will return often. Toni I am envious of you going down tomorrow. I hope you both enjoy your holiday.
I want to thank everyone who participates in this board for the wealth of information.
And to those of you in Zihua and Ixtapa, You are very lucky people

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.