Our First Gecko - Whoops!

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Greg in Alberta from 161.184.49.36 (clgrtnt4-port-36.dial.telus.net) on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 01:02:57 :

In Reply to: Gecko (27k .jpg) posted by Jared from 24.80.137.46 (h24-80-137-46.no.shawcable.net) on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 15:33:13 :

We were in Cancun (I know, I know - why?). We were just moving into our spacious hotel condo when from somewhere upstairs I heard a blood curdling scream. Knowing that it was my wifes scream, I raced to the rescue! I found her petrified, pointing into the closet at a monster. In the corner was a small lizard about 2" long. Not knowing what it was, and being the "knight in shining armour", I grabbed a shoe and "smacked" him.(there isn't much left when you smack them). At the same moment the maid, who had also heard the scream, came into the room. Boy - did I get a Mexican tongue lashing! She then explained to us about the gecko's value and role. Ever since we have grown to adore and respect the little critters. Never pays to be uninformed! Good photo Jared!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.