Mini Trip Report

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by MN from 206.169.244.20 (gw1.minnegasco.com) on Tuesday, April 02, 2002 at 10:12:02 :

Went to Ixtapa for the first time in early March. We had a great time, staying at the Barcelo. Beautiful place and we did walk the beach and check out other hotels from the beach side. Definitely think ours ranked right up there with some of the best. Food, service, and accommodations were top notch.

Went fishing one day. Glad I did it. I won'te need to do that again! Everyone else in our group loved it!

I should have paid more attention when reading posts on this board about the town of ZIH. A few of us took the bus to town one day. I think we ended up in the wrong part of town. Nothing looked or sounded familiar from this board. Never saw a basketball court, Daniels, or any other establishments listed on this board! Apparently we were in El Centro. Anyway, we went back a few days later to go to Las Gatas, and this time got correct directions! Did the usual shopping before heading over. We had a great time there! Would definitely go back.

We rented golf carts and drove up to Playa Linda. Stopped at the Marina as well. That was a blast.

Negatives: 5 out of 10 of us had at least one day of the "bad stomach"..... we've traveled for the last 5 years or so and never had any problems. We had friends who went to Ixtapa the week before us and the week after us and they also had people in their group who got sick. Anyway, we'll arm ourselves with meds next time!

Getting home was a nightmare. We spent 12 hours in the airport due to bad weather in MN. The cab drivers were very innovative, renting their cabs to those who wanted to sleep in them....$30. We took them up on it. It was better than the airport floor.

All in all, I'd go back, but this time I'd pay attention to all the good information on this board and take more time to tour Zih.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.