Just back from Zihua/Ixtapa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Kris from 64.91.62.180 (pppoe-64-91-62-180.rb3.ka.centurytel.net) on jueves, marzo 13, 2003 at 16:17:28 :

Just want to say we had a fantastic time last week. One week there is just not long enough. We stayed at the Dorado and it was very nice. The hotel puts on a fantastic Fiesta. Although my 17 yr old and her girlfriend were headquarted at Senor Frogs and came back with about 12 rolls of film, only about a third that "Mom and Dad could see". Next time (minus kids) hubby and I plan on staying in Zihua. We loved hanging with the locals and eating at the Market. We spent an afternoon at Patys. Umberto (sp?) fixed us up suberb. He was SO NICE~ and made us feel like we were the only people there! Anybody that goes, check him out, he'll do ya good. My 10 yr old daughter made friends from Mexico City, the language barrier didn't seem to be a problem. I guess giggling and laughter is a universal language, we went parasailing and lived to tell about it. The weather was wonderful and we all came back with great tans.
Another great restaurant and was our favorite in Ixtapa was Casa Moreles (sp?). We had our "last supper" there, only because we didn't want to be disappointed going anywhere else (I doubt that would have happened anyway). The owner and I pronounce his name "Have a Beer" was awesome. (Cute too!)
Went to Ixtapa Island and snorkeled, ate more, drank more. Went to Las Gata Beach and swam. As far as the pollution in the water, we all swam every day without worry. The water was very clear and saw tons of fish. We can't wait to go back. Thanks to everyone on the Board. I felt like I already knew the place when I got there. All the information was so helpful.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.