Trip report 3/08-3/15

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Jungle from 208.191.243.105 (adsl-208-191-243-105.dsl.ltrkar.swbell.net) on miércoles, marzo 19, 2003 at 15:23:17 :

I just got back from the 8th visit to Z and the weather was better than ever. I don't know if the temperature or humidity was down (or both) but it felt great. My new restaurant find of the trip was Florian's. This is grilled meat place and the flank steak is wonderful. Had it twice. Florian pours a good drink too. The restaurant is behind Pacallo's in Centro. You must walk thru Pacallo's to get there. Casa Bahia restaurant still does a good job too. And there's a funky little dirt-floored fish taco place that was great for a lunch and a beer. I saw no sign on it, but it's just a block or so to your right as you come over the foot bridge from Playa La Madera. The tirittas there were the best I had in Z. There were fewer visitors in Z on this trip than on any previous visit. That was good and bad. Good because we had the town to ourselves. Bad because many stores and restaurants were either closed or open for shorter hours. The fishing was still off, but I went anyway - to no avail. All prices seemed about the same or possibly a little higher for food, and possibly a little lower for gift items and jewelry. And the people - as always - were just grand!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.