Tamacún rescues crocodile (photos)

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.88.27 (dup-200-65-88-27.prodigy.net.mx) on viernes, abril 04, 2003 at 10:01:35 :

My wife's morning exercise on the beach was a little extraordinary today. Lupita came running back to the house to inform me that Tamacún, one of Zihuatanejo's living legends and the only local croc handler (maybe you've seen him on the beach with one of his pets) was trying to catch a large female cocodrilo that had been living in the canal for about the past 6 months. Tamacún truly loves and respects these saurians, and it is a shame that the local governemnt pays him a mere pittance to carry out his important work. There is no one else in our region with the expertise, experience, and love for these animals that Tamacún has, and his work and knowledge are priceless.

Here are a couple of photos of Tamacún wrangling the caiman before trussing it up to be moved to the refuge that Tamacún cares for at Playa Linda.

Tamacún wrangling with a crocodile in La Boquita canal on the Playa Municipal
Tamacún wrangling with a large crocodile at the mouth of the canal at the Playa Municipal in Zihuatanejo

Tamacún hauling a crocodile from the canal at the Playa Municipal
Tamacún hauls the saurian from the canal to the beach at the Playa Municipal in Zihuatanejo

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.