Re: Trip Report,

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Karen in Eugene from 205.188.209.107 (cache-dp07.proxy.aol.com) on martes, abril 08, 2003 at 01:05:16 :

In Reply to: Trip Report, posted by Bob in Eugene from 198.107.22.223 (?) on lunes, abril 07, 2003 at 12:04:48 :

I’ve decided to follow Bob’s daily reports with only a few embellishments here and there to avoid being repetitive. Amazingly, we (our family and Bob’s) have pretty much moved as a group on these vacations and been “on the same page” with regard to daily activities. I think we’re very lucky. (Remember the early days of Travis’ reports?)

Our day at the Catalina began slowly. I think we were catching up after that stressful day of flights. Breakfast on the patio was granola bars and o.j. that we had brought with us from home. Books, views, hammocks sufficed until we heard Bob’s voice on the stairs sometime after noon. Finally made it to the beach after Bob and Sue and the girls were moved in. After lounging some more and visiting with Raul and his wife, as Bob noted, we had our first Sunset Bar nightly group rendezvous. In years past we viewed the sunset from our terraces at Sotavento because the walk up the stairs and down the stairs was just a little much after a hard day of lounging on the beach, especially when the view was similar. But the close proximity of the bar to our rooms (third and fourth levels of deluxe bungalows) at Catalina and the “dos por uno” feature made these nightly visits very easy this year. The seafood platter at Rossy’s that Bob mentioned was, indeed, tasty. That order was the result of a tip from departing diners who told us it wasn’t on the menu, but was bountiful and very delicious. I’m glad we neglected to ask about the price before ordering! Those little lights from the plankton in the surf reminded me of tiny sparkler sparks. I was actually a bit chilly as we wandered back down the beach, wishing I had brought along a sweater. Back in our room though, the temperature was warmer and the ceiling fan was helpful. Time to listen to those waves before nodding. Hasta manana!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.