Trip Report, Day 7

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Bob in Eugene from 198.107.22.223 (?) on martes, abril 15, 2003 at 15:15:18 :

Day 7, Shopping Day

A group of us headed to town to take on shopping at the artisansí market at the marina. We decided to breakfast at Ta Taís, but they werenít open yet, so we sashayed down to Daniels. No surprise, after we were seated, who should arrive for her own breakfast, but Judy? We chatted with her until our breakfast arrived. (I donít think Iíll elaborate on the conversation). There were a couple of groups of kindergarten aged kids practicing for a show at the basketball court stage, and they were really cute in their red uniform shirts. About 20 or so kids at a time dancing, singing and giggling. I got a couple of pix of them. Iím hoping before this process is through to have figured out one of the Webpix type sites so I can do a gallery of photos from our trip.

After breakfast, itís off to the artisansí market. We made a few quick scores, an ironwood frog, a hammock for Chris, a necklace, etc. Stopped to see Abel at his silver stall. He and his wife Julia have a silver stall at the corner of Cinco de Mayo and Nicolas Bravo, and a shop about 3 blocks south on Nicolas Bravo, almost across from Pollos Locos. Theyíre very nice people. Abel insisted on polishing the ring I bought from him 5 years ago, as he always does. Talk about service with a smile. We went down to their store and dropped a bag of chocolates off for Julia. Then, hot and tired, we limped to Globís for air conditioning and milk shakes.

Then, we taxied back to the Catalina and headed to la playa. More jellyfish had washed in today. Lots of theories about why, but it was enough to send Anya back to the pool. We made a reservation at La Casa Bahia for El Grupo Grande for dinner. Karen and I have been talking about eating there based on positive comments on the board.

We had a beverage or two while we talked with Walt, one of the owners of Casa Bahia. Interesting guy, with a lot of knowledge about local doings and politics. We had a great meal and walked back to the marina and caught a taxi to Puesta del Sol, where we ended the day with desserts.
And, of course, we met Eduardo (Eddie), made famous in Travisí trip reports. He was a great hit with the ladies, although he does seem like heís about 13 years old. The flan, which had been touted by Vic and Nancy, was superb, and the flaming coffee drinks very showy. What a gorgeous view they have of the bay! Then we strolled back to the Catalina. It was Senora Evaís birthday, and a celebration was under way. We issued salutations and headed for late night hammock reading and bed.
Manana: L&L

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.ģ, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.