trip report march 29 - april 5

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by michael martin from 24.236.162.221 (24.236.162.221.bay.mi.chartermi.net) on sábado, mayo 03, 2003 at 14:41:47 :

Had the seven day charter from funjet out of detroit. Me ,wife and sixteen year old daughter. Stayed at the raddison,with the free drink thing. My wife had the record one day racking up a 45 dollar tab in waters and cokes while the girls were sunbathing. The place was half empty so not a big deal with the chairs and towel bitching. Room was fine , matterese firm. Ate most meals in ixtapa shopping area. fairly cheap and decent. I have been to other places in mexico and have learned not to expect much in the cuts of meat. Even at Bogarts, a high end place, my steak was the kind you get at ponderosa steakhouse. But mainly came for the sun and laying around. Hooked up with a guy from my town in michigan at the airport and he let me in on his fishigh charter,cost me 100. Got 3 tuna first thing,went out 20 miles to try a sailfish,but no luck. Took the girls on the sunset cruise aroung the 2 bays on one nite. Again all you could drink. Big deal. Kinda pricey at 38 dollars apiece. My wife and daughter had 2 cokes,so I had to try and drink 100$ worth of booze in 3 hours. I was in the navy but give me a break. Basicly no major complaints,would probably go back. Price for room and air was about 2100$ Flight comeing back arrived at 5am and then had a 2.5 hour drive home. Any questions and I will try to give you my humble opinion.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.