My Experience With Alamo

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 64.180.239.10 (atil463ty529c.bc.hsia.telus.net) on jueves, mayo 08, 2003 at 20:48:29 :

In Reply to: FORGET the Alamo! posted by MaryJo from 67.2.28.12 (0-1pool28-12.nas11.portland1.or.us.da.qwest.net) on jueves, mayo 08, 2003 at 03:08:17 :

I rented from Alamo a couple of times. The first time, I had not yet received the receipt for the deposit that I had paid prior to leaving for Troncones. As Alamo at the airport had not yet received a record of my deposit either, I had to pay the full amount. When I returned to Vancouver, the receipt for the deposit had arrived in the mail. Alamo refunded the money and spontaneously provide me with a three-day free rental.

Both times, when I signed my rental agreement at the airport, the agreement clearly stated that the vehicle had to be returned with the same amount of gas in it as when I picked up the vehicle. They marked the reading of the gas tank on my rental agreement and compared that to the reading when I dropped off the vehicle.

Similarly, the rental agreement specified that I would be responsible for damage to the vehicle unless I purchased the additional CDW (collision damage waiver). Like you, I used a credit card that provided rental vehicle coverage and I waived the CDW. Fortunately, I didn't have to test my credit card coverage as I had no vehicle damage.

I think the Alamo policies regarding these matters are pretty clear on their website and were clear on the rental agreement I signed.

Are there any auto rental companies that provide free gasoline and no charge for vehicle damage?

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.