Re: Playa Larga, Playa Blanca?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.17 (dup-200-65-89-17.prodigy.net.mx) on miércoles, mayo 28, 2003 at 20:22:59 :

In Reply to: Playa Larga, Playa Blanca? posted by Cara from 216.127.253.71 (machines4.sierra.com) on martes, mayo 27, 2003 at 18:45:19 :

If you'll take a look at my Local Beaches page you'll find some photos of Playa Larga and Playa Blanca. It is a single beach 9½ miles long near the airport. The part of the beach closest to Zihuatanejo is called Playa Larga and is accessible via a paved road from the main highway that winds through groves of coconut palms, tamarinds and mangos. There are easily over a dozen restaurants and beach clubs there, all offering fresh seafood under enramadas on the beach.

This beach fronts the open ocean and normally receives large waves that can produce strong riptides. You can certainly play in the water where it's shallow, but I don't recommend bodysurfing or swimming there unless you are an exceptionally strong swimmer and someone is keeping an eye on you from shore. There are no lifeguards and if you got into trouble you'd pretty much be on your own.

However, it is an excellent beach for catching roosterfish! ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.