Trip Report to come/Catalina, Brisa del Mar

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by cat from 216.26.4.41 (apx1-06-41.pdx.du.teleport.com) on lunes, junio 09, 2003 at 23:46:26 :

Hi everyone. Got back from Z a few days ago to find similar temps. (high 90's) in Portland!Things are back to normal now, much cooler. Thanks to all who answered my many questions about Zihua. Just a few quick comments and later a longer report. We stayed the first 5 days at Brisa del Mar on Playa la Madera and the last 6 nights at the Catalina on La Ropa. Brisa was very nice with A.C and a nice tub. Great staff, nice bar and restaurant. The Catalina-- rocks! It is a more basic hotel but we actually found it to be cooler with just the fans and breezes through the screened windows. The view from our private patio was breath-taking. The gardens, tropical birds, marvellous view of the sea. The restaurant is really good and I rarely read much about it on this message board. We had by far some of our best meals there. Quite a few of the restaurants we wanted to try were closed for the season so once we realised the food was great we stuck around a lot at the Catalina for our breakfast and several dinners. More on that later. Anybody worried about the construction next to Sotovento- don't let it deter you from the Catalina. We never heard it from our patio or room. Sometimes down on the beach but it is not that bad. The surf is sooo loud that it drowns out other noises. All for now , more later...

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.