If you're looking for romance, tranquility, relaxation...try Las Palmas

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Heather from 205.188.209.7 (cache-dk03.proxy.aol.com) on martes, junio 24, 2003 at 17:15:17 :

Just back from a wonderful honeymoon in Z-town. Let me tell you, after months of research, and hours reading the message board here, I don't know how I got so lucky, booking 4 nights at Las Palmas (my favorite) and 3 nights at Villa Carolina - a perfect combination of 4 nights on a secluded beach and 3 nights in town, overlooking the bay.

Las Palmas was incredible; quiet, modern, and very clean, with a view of the pounding ocean from the balcony - and the indoor/outdoor shower (very romantic), mosquito net covered beds, not to mention, the tranquility pool and the attentive staff who went out of their way to make our stay perfect. The restaurant is incredible (even witnessed a few restaurant owners from town dining here). The food was so good; whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted it, everyday: huevos rancheros, fresh fruit, and coffee for breakfast, freshly made guacamole and salsa in the afternoon, and then salad, homemade soup, followed by the catch of the day for dinner (soup, salad, and an entree overlooking a beautiful view was only $20, way cheaper and the food much better than some of the places in town.) Oh, and if you want a massage, tell Doug and he will arrange an hour massage for only $30 US. I loved Las Palmas.....and I already miss Doug, Poloma, Shari, and of course, Theresa...(if you read this, we'll be back!)

Villa Carolina...we stayed in the Mastersuite and it was beautiful; a huge bedroom where we found rose petals artistically arranged on our bed every night, a hammock overlooking the pool and an ocean view, with a full size kitchen and a little jaccuzi tub - also overlooking the bay. Villa Carolina has a TV, and a VCR, AND they have movies in the office to view, which was nice. Another thing that we enjoyed was the 2 pesos ride to town, a short ride, and how we were walking distance to the beach which is across from Villa Del Sol - another beautiful hotel, but very expensive.

By far, the best meals came from Las Palmas, but we also had a nice dinner at Villa Del Sol on our last night. The tamales were very good at Any's, but the soup - i can't think of the name (Pozole??) - it's a favorite on Thursdays, was incredible, a must have. We did try a few other places, popular places, but the food was just okay. Unfortunately Coconuts was closed, so we didn't get to sample anything there. But if anyone is curious, I can email you directly about the places we went to and the things we tried.

Also, we checked out a few of the hotels that we ALMOST stayed at (boy did we get lucky) and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions directly...

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.