Re: Ninos Encantados de la Barra de Potosi??

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Laura from 200.65.88.221 (dup-200-65-88-221.prodigy.net.mx) on miércoles, junio 25, 2003 at 15:28:55 :

In Reply to: Ninos Encantados de la Barra de Potosi?? posted by vicki in YQQ from 209.52.193.10 (crty01m01-10.bctel.ca) on sábado, junio 14, 2003 at 16:58:21 :

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for asking about Niños Encantados!We are about to sign the contract for the purchase of the house that will house the Library! Should happen next week I expect. (We had to wait for the owner to take care of some title loose threads...! and I was just yesterday informed by the Notary he has done it. Our contract will include a mortgage and one year to complete the full payment. We have faith that out there, we'll find many who will want to support this great project that helps so much to build a positive base for the children of La Barra de Potosi and also gives a fantastic opportunity for fun, creative interchange between our visitors and locals. We will definitely be hoping for a continued show of support and generosity from our community all around and especially including our community on the internet during the next year as we raise the funds. Besides completing payment for purchase of the house we must also get the building in good shape for the lending library, computer center and classroom, and outdoor space for our many workshops. We will have use of the building from the time we sign the contract so we will have to see how much work the roof will need to make the books safe from rain etc... but we'll get it out of my hallway and going in more full force as soon as we can for the kids.

The internet site for Niños Encantados is still 'under construction' because I have had a more difficult time recovering from my back surgery than I expected and have needed to tend to this without moving much. I just haven't been able to get to it yet. I did just get my comuter fixed though, so now maybe I'll get it on there before too long.

The addresses are BarradePotosi.org and ninosencantados.com. Many thanks Vicki!
Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.