no reservation, no clue

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Lee--WA from 67.3.35.150 (0-2pool35-150.nas18.bellevue1.wa.us.da.qwest.net) on miércoles, julio 02, 2003 at 19:23:14 :

Departe Sea-Tac 4/24/ 50F and rain, and deplaned into a sauna (felt like).Had to solo trip it into town at $22. Told the driver "Angela's" hostel got a dumb look, mentioned a couple of other places, got a couple of more dumb looks, told the driver "Centro" and he wanted to know where.Told him middle of the hotels. OK. Wandered around a bit and a local insisted on showing me a room--more like a hot cell, then an apartment, a very warm one. These just across the canal. Went hotel shopping, checked into the 2nd and paid 5 days in advance, enough to get the lay of the land. Ended up staying there all 12 days. A nice 20 room Mexican hotel, across from Rob's office. Owners wife and nite clerk spoke good English, day clerk and my maid not. Day clerk and I had many dictionary conversations--a real sweetheart. The maid was very shy with me. Both muy bonita! My room had opposing windows and a ceiling fan, quite adequate. Woke to the sound of the waves rolling onto the beach in the dawn lite, and a lite breeze waffling across the room. Street noises at 7-8 AM. Occasional visits from the "Geico" rep during my stay. Got up to the sounds of birds. 8:25 AM first car horn heard. First breakfast: fruit plate,2 cinnamon rolls, 3 tortillas, ham and eggs (1 on tortilla w/ green sauce, and 1 on tortilla w/ red), toasted pan, for about $5.oo US. Pretty good. Strolled the stalls--everybody had the "best" price. Got kind of warm by 4 PM.crapped ou for an hour, went out to eat at 5. Not spectacular. Stopped at Coconuts--8 employees and 12 customers. End of the 1st whole day.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.