Re: Budget Car Rental

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 64.180.239.10 (atil463ty529c.bc.hsia.telus.net) on jueves, julio 10, 2003 at 01:31:55 :

In Reply to: Budget Car Rental posted by Bob from 205.188.209.7 (cache-dk03.proxy.aol.com) on miércoles, julio 09, 2003 at 23:47:19 :

Guests at our house had a similar, but different, experience a couple of years ago. One of the family members spoke fluent Spanish, so it was apparently not a language problem.

They were told that the way the gold credit card collision coverage worked was that they purchased the CDW from Budget and the credit card company would reimburse them for the purchase of the CDW. Our guests insisted that they had not been required to do that any other time they had used the credit card collision coverage, but eventually were worn out and agreed to the process. Of course, when they returned to the US, their credit card company refused to reimburse them.

They pursued remedy through both the credit card company (sorry, but you authorized the purchase of the insurance) and through Budget's international office in the US (sorry, but Budget Mexico is a different company). They attempted to resolve it through the Budget-Mexico head office (in Chihuahua I believe) and didn't get a reply.

I visited the Budget office in Ixtapa trying to get some satisfaction for our guests (sorry, but it is in the hands of our head office now).

Last I heard, almost a year later, they still had not received any satisfaction.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.