Hotel Catalina & Us

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by rene from 200.38.147.21 (customer-200-38-147-21.uninet.net.mx) on jueves, julio 10, 2003 at 12:25:53 :

In Reply to: Hotel Catalina posted by Bob from 205.188.209.7 (cache-dk03.proxy.aol.com) on miércoles, julio 09, 2003 at 23:26:25 :

the first time I travelled to Zihuatanejo was for my honeymoon 26 years ago. our hotel reservations at another establishment were fouled up so the taxi driver suggested the catalina. by the time we got into our room it was dark, no tv, no ac - only the tremendous crash of the waves served as a background for the sweetest night of our lives. in the morning, the view was breathtaking. for hours we did nothing but sit and stare out to the horizon of the most spectacular ocean we had ever seen.

the staff was very gracious, the food excellent, the bar lively. i can remember the street coming down the hill was just being paved.

we will never forget the catalina/sotavento hotel and actually stay there whenever we're in Zihua. it's the intangiables that you remember the most.

catalina will always be fresh in our minds. i hope many a honeymooner will enjoy it as much as we did.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.