Re: Budget Car Rental

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Malury from 67.73.32.56 (dialup-67.73.32.56.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net) on jueves, julio 10, 2003 at 21:24:33 :

In Reply to: Budget Car Rental posted by Bob from 205.188.209.7 (cache-dk03.proxy.aol.com) on miércoles, julio 09, 2003 at 23:47:19 :

I have reserved so many cars for my clients as well as myself in Zihua that I have to say that it is correct that ONLY Alamo or Hertz honor the gold cards insurance. In my travel data base it very clearly says Budget and the rest of the agencys do NOT accept that type of insurance. I believe that most, if not all the car rentals in Zihua, are privately owned and operate as a licensee, paying a percentage to sport the "Budget" or "Thrifty" company logo. But they are not honor bound to follow the normal corp. procedures.
Re cars not there when you arrive.... its happened more than once to me and several times to guests at the Puesta del Sol, usually over the Christmas holidays. I can't see anyway to prevent that... last Christmas, not a single agency at the airport had a car for days and days. As we picked up friends at the airport a couple times during that period, it was kinda of funny watching the car rental guys get this real "hunted" look as the planes arrived with the tourists... and NO cars. You could hear the yelling from the parking lot. Ha Ha!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.