Re: Taxco?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.88.32 (dup-200-65-88-32.prodigy.net.mx) on jueves, agosto 07, 2003 at 11:54:45 :

In Reply to: Re: Taxco? posted by Bret in Portland from 198.81.26.108 (cache-ntc-ad07.proxy.aol.com) on jueves, agosto 07, 2003 at 00:02:58 :

And nothing has changed regarding that road, unfortunately.

As is mentioned in several previous messages about bus travel to Taxco, the bus travels the coast from Zihua to Aca on Carretera Nacional 200. Depending on the bus itinerary, you may stop and possibly switch buses in Acapulco or Chilpancingo. I don't think there are direct non-stop buses from Taxco to Zihua. So the bus may take the bypass and miss Acapulco altogether, taking the old Carretera Nacional 95 until it links up with the Autopista del Sol, or it may even continue on 95 to Chilpa and switch buses there. Either way, the trip is an easy and scenic one. I have gone both routes and enjoyed them both.

The rooftop restaurant Percy referred to sounds like the restaurant at the Hotel Agua Escondida right on the Plaza Borda fronting the catedral de Santa Prisca. I can highly recommend this hotel. Be sure to try the restaurant called La Parroquia, also on the Plaza Borda facing the Catedral. They serve many typical Guerrerense dishes, and their salsa verde is the best I've ever tasted! ;~

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.