The Waltz's Trip

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Mexico Message Board] [FAQ]

Posted by Cathy&Jerry from 216.199.194.254 (216-199-194-254.ftl.fdn.com) on martes, agosto 12, 2003 at 13:30:22 :

We had a great time in Mexico over 7/25-8/7. Flew into Zihua and grabbed a taxi to the Solimar Inn. We didn't have reservation (I couldn't get the fax to go through) but Edgar said (via email) he'd save a room for us. Spent the afternoon walking around and getting the flavor of the place. We only had one night in Z before taking of by bus to Uruapan. Details of that trip will be told separately.
On Day one, we ate and had drinks at TaTa's on the public beach. The food and drinks were great. Best was the walk along the beach and the canal - found some great pictures to be taken - an so I did. No pictures have been uploaded yet, but will post them when I can.
We had breakfast of quesadillas at a little cart near the open market the next morning. Bought some fruit and snacks for the bus ride at noon.
Personally, I (Cathy) liked Z very much and hated to leave. We were back to Ixtapa a week later and used the local buses to return to Z for more quiet, comfortable strolling and site seeing. Bought a GREAT handwoven and hand embroidered shawl from Lupita's shop (near the museum) for only $60US.
We asked the cab driver to drive slowly to the airport when we finally had to leave. He obliged us nicely and we had a good last look around. What a beautiful part of the world.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.