no offense, but....

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Mexico Message Board] [FAQ]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.88.86 (dup-200-65-88-86.prodigy.net.mx) on lunes, agosto 18, 2003 at 19:41:33 :

In Reply to: Straight from the horses mouth posted by Tootie Wink from 137.53.159.23 (?) on lunes, agosto 18, 2003 at 18:24:20 :

...I think your friend gives a wrong impression of Petatlán. First, the roads in the downtown area are all paved. Second, it is far from any kind of tourist trap. As a matter of fact, tourists are still fairly rare there, and it's not unusual to be the only tourist in town. Locals pay the same prices as visitors, and bartering is a finely honed craft in the gold market there.

For someone driving there the instructions are basically the same as on my Activities, Charters & Tours page, except that you will drive past the staircase to the PEMEX gas station and turn right into town there, go down about 3 blocks to the bottom of the hill, then turn right on the main street to get back to the zócalo.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.