Dolphins - the modern slave trade

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.85 (dup-200-65-89-85.prodigy.net.mx) on domingo, agosto 31, 2003 at 12:50:45 :

Trade of wild dolphins investigated in Mexico

Please don't patronize businesses that keep dolphins in captivity and perpetuate their cruel enslavement. Dolphins are highly intelligent and deserve the same freedoms and rights as we would expect for humans. The above article is one of many that have come out in the past month detailing yet more horrible facts about the cruel reality of this tourist sideshow that often advertises itself as "educational" when the bottom line has nothing to do with education and everything to do with greed.

You may have close encounters with dolphins by chartering a local panga and seeing them in their natural environment. Almost every time I have been out on the ocean dolphins have come right up to the boat and played alongside and in its bow wake, just as curious about us as we are about them.

I thank you, the dolphins thank you, Mother Nature thanks you, and you will enjoy the good karma! ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.