Trip Report: Honeymoon

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Leslie & James from 67.126.213.105 (ppp-67-126-213-105.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net) on viernes, septiembre 05, 2003 at 22:05:07 :

We arrived on Sunday the 24th at Villa Carolina and Frank, who welcomed us to our room with two cold cervezas and directions to the Comercial in case we wanted to stock up. Villa Carolina was beautiful. I'm happy to say that they had to upgrade us to the Master suite for undisclosed reasons, and I was NOT disappointed! IT was extremely spacious, clean, comfortable, private, and just a wonderful welcome.

After two nights at Villa Carolina, we headed downt the hill to Villa Mexicana. We wanted something on the beach and more affordable. It was great! The staff were awesome, there was hot water, it was clean, we had a great room...

As for restaurants, I actually found that Dona Prudencia's at our hotel was pretty good. This surprised me because I haven't seen ANYTHING posted about it on the board. Is it new?? Anyway, they had some good stuff, including a great Club Sandwich served w/ fries in case you're craving some un-Mexican comida.

Other Food highlights:
Any's Tamales: If you miss this place, you are crazy. Okay, so maybe we aren't very adventurous, but we visited here 4 times in 12 days. We had tamales, pozole, enchiladas mexicanas, enchiladas w/ carne...it was all AWESOME!! The waiter (owner?) one evening gave us a great lecture (and samples) regarding tequila and mezcal, which was great...
Pizzas Locas: Yes, we craved pizza, but I also tried the ribs which were a little tangy for my but good. Ribs came w/ a potato and steamed veggies which did my tummy well.
Sunset Bar at Catalina: Best view, awesome 2-1 margaritas, go there.
Kau Kan: Pretty good food, don't try the wine unless you're willing to fork out a pretty penny, probably would be more mellow in the high season when you wouldn't get QUITE so much attention.
JJ's Grill: we didn't eat here, but had some great maragaritas and it was fun playing pool in the back!

All the places on the beach in Zihua were just great--Elvira's, Paty's & La Perla.

Petatlan was a nice trip, I love riding busses in latin american countries so if you're like me and like staring out on lush green land and driving through itty towns, go for the bus.

What else can I say? I hope to return in a couple years, perhaps w/ my dad and his wife and others...Zihuatanejo was a wonderful trip and I thank all who helped make it so wonderful for us!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.