Re: Catalina Beach Resort

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by fjcastro from 64.105.38.66 (h-64-105-38-66.SNVACAID.covad.net) on martes, septiembre 09, 2003 at 13:06:23 :

In Reply to: Catalina Beach Resort posted by Orcas-Girl from 64.119.2.145 (dialup-tc1b-145.rockisland.net) on sábado, septiembre 06, 2003 at 13:55:47 :

My fiance and I stayed at the Catalina for one evening on September 2, 2003 (we needed somewhere to stay for one evening before checking into Villa Del Sol). The front office staff was very nice and courteous. There was an incredible amount of stairs everywhere you went. This combined with the heat was pretty brutal. We stayed in one of the "deluxe" bungalows. It was adequate, small bathroom, no air conditioning but a nice ceiling fan above the bed. No phone, no TV, no problem. There was a nice sitting area inside and a nice size patio complete with hammock. You could walk a few steps from the patio and view all of La Playa Ropa. Overall, for the price ($89.00) it was ok. The restaurant served only breakfast and lunch (it was closed for the off season for dinner) although the bar was open. It had a nice happy hour from 6-8 pm. If you don't mind the stairs, and will not be in your room very much, the place was ok.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.