Geckos and Bats

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie from 206.116.13.219 (atil463ty529c.bc.hsia.telus.net) on viernes, septiembre 19, 2003 at 00:31:22 :

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report - Day 2 posted by KATHIE from 209.73.91.1 (gw.ihopcorp.com) on jueves, septiembre 18, 2003 at 19:54:16 :

Geckos and bats are two of the best friends in the tropics. My wife is particularly partial to geckos, while I appreciate geckos and bats equally.

Geckos are some of the most charming creatures on earth. During the daytime they hide in darker areas. When the evening arrives, the creep onto the walls and ceilings, adhering to those surfaces regardless of how smooth or stippled they may be, waiting to consume the biting insects that may otherwise bother us.

Bats wait in the caves and caverns by day waiting to perform their duty at night. When evening arrives, they silently do their duty to our benefit. A bat will eat 30% to 100% of its weight in mosquitos nightly, while avoiding humans. What more beneficial mammal could we find?

Organic pest removal at its best.

I can hardly wait to get back to Mexico to see my friends again.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.