It isn't about politics

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.183.45 (dup-200-65-183-45.prodigy.net.mx) on viernes, septiembre 26, 2003 at 01:06:11 :

In Reply to: What Are The Political Alliances? posted by Ernie Gorrie from 206.116.13.219 (atil463ty529c.bc.hsia.telus.net) on viernes, septiembre 26, 2003 at 00:37:49 :

Despite there being politicians involved, politicians come and go. More blame appears to point to the career bureaucrats who work for the various ministerial dependencies and entrench themselves in trading favors for remunerations. I believe any investigation of where the original permits came from will find that I am close to the mark if not right on. The pier that was built in Cancún, for example, that destroyed a reef and enraged many of the locals, including hotel owners and other tourism service providers, followed a similar pattern of being built in a hurry with complete disregard for locals and seemingly in violation of the laws. A lot of the blame in both cases appears to point to SEMARNAP who are supposed to conduct ecological impact studies and approve or deny construction permits based on those studies.

The local community who supports the ecological preservation of Zihuatanejo and the surrounding communities are from all political persuasions, just as the guilty parties are. Everyone except certain involved special interests are behind the bay's preservation. There are no political boundary lines regarding saving our precious bay.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.